Saturday, April 2, 2011

Artists and Illustrators of whom I am supremely jealous

First,
Lets start with Jessica Hische:

If you've not heard of her then I figure you've not been granted eyesight.

She's done typography as well as illustration for big publications and small design houses. I first heard of her when Design Sponge mentioned her Daily Drop Cap project. I noticed a fantastic book cover the other day. I usually buy books half based on the book cover and half based on the blurb. Well, I just about bought this book simply for the cover itself.

Jessica Hische
Jessica Hische

Jessica Hische
Jessica Hische
Book which I almost bought just because of the cover.
Jessica Hische
Jessica Hische

Lets just say I (heart) her work.

Next:
An great illustrator. I found her originally from the blog Drawn, I think, maybe it was Art Jumble? It was the fashion illustration for Star Trek that won me over. But then again, maybe it was the illustration of The Venture Brothers. I do love that show...soooo much I'm on my second set of DVD's. 

Annie Wu
 Star Trek Fashion Illustration: Neeto. As a sci-fi nerd, as well as a fashion lover, I approve.
Annie Wu

Annie Wu

Annie Wu
Please go to her flickr page to see the Goldfish Fashion Illustration, and the Virgin Suicides.  It's just nice to see people who really have a lovely style and use it accordingly in super cool stuff. I find that I am running out of good adjectives for cool and neeto. Oh well.


Ruth







No comments:

Post a Comment