Friday, April 8, 2011

Vivienne Westwood

I happened upon a little pair of lovely shoes just the other day. They were Vivienne Westwood. I love Vivienne Westwood. I don't always love what she designs, but sometimes, she just floors me with great stuff. I guess I love her because she has a sense of humor. At least I hope she does, either that or she's insane. Which if she is she's even more fabulous.  So, I had to find more Viv.

Only she could make ridiculous so much fun.

People take their fashion way too seriously. I mean, we don't have to wear clothes. They are essentially decoration. (unless you live in crazy environments, but why would you choose live in a cold place?) I live in Texas where it's perpetually summer and when it's cold we don't leave our homes. It's not that I'm a fan of "Ironic" fashion, although how fashion can be ironic I'm still unsure of, I just love a good costume. I love the strange and silly. Because, it's just clothes people. Vivienne understands that, or at least, I like to think she does.
I think these shoes are jellies. Oh, how wonderful and uncomfortable at the same time. So, essentially the definition of a high heel. I'd feel like Jessica Rabbit and Bettie Boop all rolled up in one.

 The drunk dress, it really is as if she tried to design a dress while drunk, or while on a roller-coaster. Yes, it's supposed to look this way. Ha. It looks a lot like my first muslins in fashion design class. Annie might remember.
Ah, Skulls. Just when I think they've peaked, Vivienne has to go back and remind me that death never goes out of style.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment