Saturday, April 23, 2011

Artists and Illustrators of whom I am extremely jealous

Here's a guy I just found today from Drawn. Well, I could say I had found him a long time ago as he's contributed work to Playboy, Maxim, DC Comic and also created work for "Waltz with Bashir", a haunting and beautiful animated film. Many of his illustrations ring a bell with me, I can never quite place where I've seen them but they stick around in my memory.

His name is Tomer Hanuka.

This illustration makes me weep. It's about the lost city of Atlantis.
Tomer Hanuka
 I adore Star Wars. You had me at Dagoba Tomer.
Tomer Hanuka
 I hated this book "the life of Pi", but this illustration is spot on perfect. I might read the illustrated version if Tomer does the lions share of it.
Tomer Hanuka
 Playboy illustration. I swear I only read it for the articles.
Tomer Hanuka
Tomer and Asaf Hanuka

So Tomer  is also a twin, and his twin brother Asaf is also an illustrator. oh Lordy. 

Asaf Hanuka

Asaf Hanuka

Asaf Hanuka

Asaf Hanuka


I'm really amazed by these guys.
Good work, both of you.

Ruth



No comments:

Post a Comment