Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lullaby Book

Recently I had noticed that I have forgotten or never learned the lyrics to several lullabies. Which isn't much cause for alarm unless you need to sing one to a fussy child or irritable baby. Also, I had forgotten lullabies all together, constantly singing the same ones over and over. Which is fine for a child, but can be boring for a Mother.

So, after much improvisation I decided to search for the lyrics to some lullabies as well as some new ones that I couldn't remember whenever I wanted to sing.

I originally printed out a list of sweet lullabies, and then also, their corresponding lyrics. I printed them out and just kept them in a binder clip near the children's books in my son's room. Then, I thought, wouldn't it be nice to have them all bound in a book, so that the kids cant, rip, tear, chew and so forth without it falling apart?

That became the idea for the lullaby book. So now I've taken a number of old songs, and am slowly, very slowly adding illustration. Hopefully, when I am finished, I can print them out, laminate them, and bind them (crudely I suspect) and use it for bed time lullabies. I also can make more and give them as baby gifts. For those Mom's who at 4 am cannot remember a lullabies lyrics, or really any lullaby other than twinkle twinkle, I hope it would be useful.

Here's the first.

It's not necessarily a lullaby. But it's a favorite song of mine and is pretty easy to remember.

Blackbird by the Beatles.

Here's the finished piece. Well, finished until I decide to change it.

Blackbird by the Beatles, Illustration by Ruth Krueger
This was illustrated in Illustrator CS5. I'm not sure if I like the layout of the text. But tweaking is part of the process. Next maybe I'll start on Lavenders Blue.


Original Sketch

I hope to finish it soon, as my sister in law is having a baby in July. Eek. Time constraints....always a nice kick in the rear.

Ruth



No comments:

Post a Comment