Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lullaby Book-Brahams Lullaby

Update: So about 30 minutes ago I posted this and decided I hated it. So now, Here's the redo of the first Braham's Lullaby.

Redo of Braham's Lullaby. 

Is it just me or is the Mother Owl looking at me crosseyed?





Here's the newest illustration for my Lullaby book--Brahams Lullaby.

Now, I made up all these lyrics because the ones I found online were either in German, or were too strange. I made up lyrics to the song years ago when I realized I knew none of them. But, instead of replacing the ones in my book with the proper lyrics, I decided to use the ones I sing to my Son. It's my book, and I get to be editor so there you are.

Braham's Lullaby with lyrics and Illustration by Ruth Krueger

Here's my original sketch.

Phoning it in

Honestly, I think I hate it. I must have phoned in the original sketch because this one was easy to do and not at all satisfying. I'm going to re-do it. I'm thinking a mama Owl and a baby owlet in a tree with stars and the moon in the back. Man, I am really into birds. I behind the trends. If I was really on trend I would be doing mustaches. Although that trend has peaked too. 

Oh well. I'm stuck in old trend land. 

Ruthie


No comments:

Post a Comment