Friday, July 6, 2012

3 year olds and swing sets

My son is about to be 3 years old. Approximately in a month and a half. For his third birthday we've decided he needs a playplace. Or is it called a playscape? When we were kids we called them swing sets but now they have other things.

My swing set when I was a kid was unusual. Unusual because my Father bought an actual playground swing set. Hard metal, indestructible (as things were made in those days) it had two swings with hard rubber seats (none of those flappy ones that squish your thighs) a trapeze, hanging rings, and I think parallel bars. No slide though. I think we had a cheap separate one. It was glorious.

This is what we're thinking for Jedi.



I think these can keep him busy, maybe for 15 minutes at a time. I only need one but it's between these two. 

His new playscape wont quite match up to mine when I was a child because we don't have a cow trough filled with sand as a sand box. (biggest sandbox ever), or a huge 20 acre backyard to play in complete with creek and pond and just tons of cow poop. Or 9 brothers and sisters to play with. But he does have 26 cousins that mostly live nearby. So I guess his childhood might be as cool as mine. MIGHT. 

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment