Sunday, October 30, 2011

Witches Broomsticks-marshmallow caramel candies

So, I have an addiction to sweets. I don't have a sweet tooth, I am a sugar mutant.

Growing up I fell in love with some caramel, marshmallow and chocolate candies they would make at this small candy shoppe in the Padre Staples Mall in Corpus Christi. I have been searching for them ever since. Nothing has ever really come close to the wondrous taste of those candies.

So, on honor of one of the many candy filled holidays we have here; namely Halloween, I tried to make some of my own for Halloween.

Here they are, Witches Broomsticks. Or caramel, marshmallow chocolate candies.

I'm a bad cook so I took pre-made caramel squares, mini marshmallows, and some dipping milk chocolate that you heat up in the microwave. I got some toothpicks and started my candy making journey. I cut the caramel squares in half, squished a mini marshmallow on top and stuck a toothpick through it. I proceeded until most of the caramels were gone. Then, I heated up the microwave chocolate, and used the toothpicks  to dip the whole thing in milk chocolate.

I'm letting them cool as we speak.

 These are my ingredients. Toothpicks, caramel squares, minimarshmallows, and microwaveable chocolate for dipping.
This is me halfway through the process.

I ate one before the chocolate cooled and it was great. Not quite what I grew up with but trying to match a memory is impossible, because as my Grandmother said, "You can't recapture a rapture."

Still, really good success for this aforementioned horrible cook.

The reason I'm calling them witches broomsticks?

Well, look at them:

Look's "kinda" like a broomstick, and witches ,well, Halloween is tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment