Saturday, March 2, 2013

Austin Quilt Con

This past weekend I went to the Modern Quilt Convention in Austin. I had been looking forward to it for a year now as many of the bloggers I follow had mentioned it on their blog.
The Quilt Haus in New Braunfels also was there so I just had to go.

I took a bajillion pictures of some of the quilts I really liked so here's a bunch.





I'm a Parks and Rec fan so the Ron Swanson quilt caught my eye


Anyone who has ever tried to quilt has said this word, a lot. It made me smile.






This one had the most intricate quilting.

Close up of the quilting

Love this

This was the best in show for quilting, I really like how they
turned the double wedding ring quilt on it's head



My gorgeous sister and my darling daughter.

So cool



I really liked all that I saw, and I got two free charm packs from a Andover, a fabric vendor.


In other news I took a long arm quilting class from the Quilt Haus a week and a half ago. I get to use the machine on my own to practice this next wednesday. I'll try to get more practice time on Project Linus Quilts before I finally try to quilt the Big Brother Quilt. 

By the way, project linus quilts is a great organization that pairs critically ill children with hand made quilts that they get to use and keep while in the hospital. Judy at the quilt house told us to practice on donated project linus quilts first, since they always need those quilted and it's good practice, and it goes to a needy child. She also said that they get a bunch of quilt tops, but mostly need donations of batting since they rarely get that donated. I'll plan to donate batting when I do the project linus quilt. Anyway, just a note.


I'll let you know how it goes....

Ruth




No comments:

Post a Comment